Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 14- big decision day

After looking through the advertising guide, I've decided that the $100 monthly grocery budget is not a smart idea.  Granted, I could not buy another thing for the rest of the month and be able to live off my stockpile, but then my stockpile is gone and I start paying full price for items that we will need before it goes on sale again.

For instance- hamburger is on sale this week $2.39/lb.  If I pass up the hamburger deal this week, I'll end up buying hamburger for almost $4/lb.  How smart would that be?  Not very...

And cheese is on sale this week as well.  3 8oz. bags of shredded cheese for $4!  Last time cheese went on sale (4/$5 I believe) I bought 20 bags of cheese and we ran out long before this week.  Our family eats a LOT of cheese, so I'm really feeling the need to stock up when it's around 50% off.  This time I plan on buying 30 bags of cheese. lol   literally.....

Other than the grocery realization I still haven't spent money other than the 2 pairs of shorts. :)

2 comments:

  1. I agree. You have to stock up when things are cheap. I did the same thing on my no spend month. It's smarter in the long run rather than pay full price. The main thing is that you are ONLY buying things you need and loss leaders like the cheese. :) You are doing great, keep up the good work Nikki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could you turn down the cheese prices last week?!?! Obviously I didn't. :) However, I haven't eaten at work all month yet and that saves a ton! I usually spend almost $5 per day by the time I buy my meal and soda.

    ReplyDelete