Saturday, March 3, 2012

31 Days of Nothing: Week 1

3 days into the challenge and I've realized I have several 'non bill' items I have to pay for, including my bridesmaid dress. OUCH!  I am keeping a running track of excess items and will post at the end of the month.

I ended up going to Fareway last night to do our first week of grocery shopping.  I'm trying to stay around $25/week to keep within my $100 budget.  Here was my shopping trip:

3 cartons of cottage cheese
4 bags frozen corn
4 bags frozen mixed veggies
2 bags baby carrots
2 dozen eggs
2 cucumbers
2lb. fresh strawberries
celery
10lb. potatoes

for a grand total of: $26.73.  Not too bad.  I don't normally buy 3 cartons of cottage cheese but they were super cheap and I can always take some for lunch at work.  It will all get used. No worries here. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment