Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 12 of 31

Well, I made it to day 12 before I made my first 'non necessity' purchase.  An online website had 2 pairs of Nike shorts that were my oldest son's size for $2 each so I had to buy them!  Do we need them? Eventually.  Is it supposed to hit record highs this week?  Yes.  Were they dirt cheap and well worth $4? You bet!  So I dug into my piggy bank with my 'fun money' in it and pulled out $4 to pay for the shorts.  He is set now for the season.  In the long run, it was a smart investment for the summer.

Grocery-wise we are doing good!  Since it's getting so nice out we are eating less sit-down dinners and more sandwiches, cottage cheese and fruit, that sort of thing.  Lots of food left and hopefully shouldn't have to buy anything the rest of the month except water, one gallon of milk and the food for Jay's party.  Saturday is Jayden's birthday party so my plan is to scope out the ads tomorrow and hope that pasta is on sale this week!

One more good note- I shut the furnace off today! WAHOO!!!  Even if we get a blizzard next week (which could happen) at least I get one week without running the furnace.

We've started making plans for fixing up the house this summer and it makes me even more excited to save so we can finance all the projects without the bank!  No bank loan= no interest.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment