Friday, March 9, 2012

Breaking the budget...

Blew the grocery budget today but ended up with some much needed things.
#1- 24 double rolls of toilet paper.  Hey, you need to stock up when it's on sale!
#2- 6 jars of Prego on sale 3/$5 and I had 3 coupons for 0.75 off 2 jars.
#3- 4 Coke products for Jayden's birthday party.

along with 2 packages of italian sausage and $8 worth of cheese for Jay's party.  If I stop at this point, we may possibly break even for the month when the 'bday food' is subtracted from the grocery budget. Given all this, I'm still impressed with the amount that I HAVEN'T spent....not one pop to drink, not one coffee treat, no chips, no fast food and I haven't bought lunch at work since I started this challenge.  kudos to me. :)

1 comment:

  1. You'll have that...great job of not splurging on anything "extra". It's hard!! Keep up the great work. I love reading the updates!

    ReplyDelete