Saturday, April 7, 2012

Continuing good habits

We are officially one week into April and I have continued the financial planning from last month.  With the help of a financially smart fellow blogger (thanks Amy!), I have set up an online budget and I LOVE it!  I have officially set a budget for each category of spending for the first time in my life and boy was it eye opening!!  By the time I set a budget for everything I thought I'd need and a budget for 7% of my income going to savings, I had $3 per month left. :)   Unfortunately, I found out that I forgot to budget for car repairs, sports supplies for the kids, household goods and one other category which I can't remember at this time.  After figuring in the new budgeted items, it was obvious that I am over budget.  Time to make some necessary adjustments!

#1- grocery budget next month will be cut by $100.
#2- clothing budget will be cut from $80 to $40 will a rollover feature from month to month

I really didn't budget for entertainment and only budgeted $20 for dining out monthly so I can't cut from here.

This month will be spent closely watching spending in all areas of the budget and determining new dollar amounts for next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment