Sunday, February 26, 2012

Decision to be frugal

Back in November, I started couponing.  It has been great fun, but I quickly realized a few things:
#1- I wasn't saving any money because I was still shopping just as much as I was before.
#2- My family was eating a LOT of processed foods because quite honestly, what are most coupons for?  Lots of processed foods.

So I decided it was time for a change.  My family has agreed to eat less processed food and more wholesome meals.  I also decided it was time to be more financially free....hence the reason for the blog.  I've read several blogs and have been quite inspired to make better life choices, starting with finances.

My goal for the month of March is to acclimate to our new lifestyle and try to save as much as possible while following the '31 day no-spend challenge'.  It will be interesting to see exactly how much we save. I created a cute little sign and hung it on the fridge to write down every time I go to the store and how much I spend.  Seeing it directly will hopefully change my spending habits.  We have a nice stockpile of meat and rice, so hopefully shopping for the next month will only require perishable items.  March 1 will officially start the 'no spend' challenge.  Here's to saving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment